As we work our way through our first week of Whole30, we turned last night to a recipe I created a few months ago before we decided to go paleo. Now, I am not the cook in our family, my husband is, so it’s surprising that this is a dish I made up one evening with items we had on hand. He did cook it though! It’s a one-skillet dish and super easy.
- jar of artichoke hearts – drain but keep liquid
- 10-14 sweet mini sweet peppers – sliced (about a cup and half when sliced)
- a package of paleo-friendly sausage – sliced
- season as you wish – we used Penzey’s Northwoods Seasoning and some salt & pepper
- In a skillet, cook the sliced sausage over medium heat until the sausage is browned.
- Add sliced peppers and continue to cook over medium heat for a minute of two.
- Add the drained artichokes and about half of the artichoke liquid to the sausage & peppers.
- Cook until liquid is reduced most of the way down (but not completely), probably for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, season as you like.
Serves 2 healthy portions, 3 smaller portions.