Kenny and I are halfway done with our Whole30!
Here are my observations this week:
- The headaches came back at the beginning of the week.Ugh. Not sure why they came back! I got rid of one pretty quickly though when I had a cup of black coffee. Huh. I am not a daily coffee drinker but I guess I was missing the caffeine anyway?
- Some recipes have been hit or miss. I also came to the realization that I need to pick a couple of easy recipes. We have good intentions but cooking recipes that a) needs more than 10 minutes of prep (in regards to chopping, browning, etc) or have multiple steps/multiple pans are hard to do every day of the work week.
- And about those recipes – not all have made enough food for lunch leftovers so I ate out more than I had planned to this past week.
- Still struggling with snacking – I am relying too much on fruit. Found some compliant nut mixes for next week.
- Will also work on eating out less and backing off potatoes.
- Clothes still fit about the same, maybe a tad looser?
Week 2 Meals:
- Stuffed Bell Peppers (we used veal instead of beef) with home-made fried plantain chips
- Skillet Balsamic Garlic Chicken with oven roasted broccoli & cauliflower
- leftover roasted chicken with oven roasted sweet potatoes and asparagus
- Slow Cooked Butternut Squash & Pumpkin Beef Stew
- Broiled Tilapia with Balsamic Carrots & steamed broccoli
- Grilled Steak with Mushrooms & Red Onions cooked in Coconut Aminos Garlic Sauce, garlic & ghee
- Sausage & Fried Eggs
- Yia Yia Mary’s Rotisserie Carved Lamb with lemon-roasted potatoes (I avoided the pita & tzatziki sauce that came with it & scraped some buttery sauce that was drizzled on the lamb). I also ordered some green beans.
- Pappas BBQ – sausage link & roasted chicken (and a few bites of green beans but I didn’t eat them all).
- Black Walnut Cafe breakfast (American Breakfast, no bread)
- Logan’s Roadhouse – chopped steak, grilled mushrooms and a dinner salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- At my Mom’s house – she cooked me a Spanish potato & onion omelet with sweet fried plantains on the side
- bananas, cherries, blackberries, grapes, apples, pineapple
- Bare Apple Chips
- Sweet & Salty Bacon Egg Muffins