75% done with Whole30!
Here are my observations this week:
- No headaches really!
- Still not feeling any smaller. Clothes fits the same, again, maybe a tad looser.
- Keeping up with Pilates twice a week
- We slacked on our pre-planned menu this week and only ended up making one of our pre-selected recipes. Instead, we made quick, still compliant but not as fancy dinners.
- Been a bit frustrated when eating out – have not feel 100% great about my selections but know I did the best I could under the circumstances. I think the one I really regret is the bagged potato chips.
- Cravings – still am really bored with limited drink selection, still snacking too much
- Still too much fruit but I did eat less bananas and more berries.
Week 3 Meals:
- leftover Slow Cooked Butternut Squash & Pumpkin Beef Stew
- leftover sausages with fried plantains
- fried eggs, bacon & sausage
- Grilled Lemon Rosemary chicken w/ mixed root veggies
- scrambled eggs with mini peppers, chopped prosciutto & onions & bacon on the side
- Zucchini Pasta with Chicken and Scallion Avocado Sauce (we didn’t have scallions so we used fresh chives from my garden)
- Whole30 Shepherd’s Pie (from their book) – used sweet mini peppers instead of carrots, added some Penzey’s Fox Point seasoning
- Cracker Barrel Scrambled Eggs, Sausages & Potatoes (no bread, no grits, no hashbrown casserole) with a small side of fruit (mostly berries)
- At Sherry’s – pulled pork with homemade paleo bbq sauce, Brussels sprouts with bacon and roasted sweet potato half
- At Mom’s – Cuban picadillo and plantain tostones (Mom only cooks in olive oil)
- At a commercial shoot for work – Fudds burger – beef patty alone – and potato chips (questionable, I know)
- Pronto Cucina – half roasted chicken with green beans (upset they had no selection of side items that had no cheese or bread crumbs – even the green beans had parmesan and bread crumbs but it was barely noticeable so I let it go)
- raspberries, bananas, cherries, apples, dried fruit
- mixed salted nuts (no peanuts of course)
- Sweet & Salty Bacon Egg Muffins
- boiled eggs