Sorry this post is a week late but we have made it through our first Whole30!
Here are my observations on the final week:
- I felt my pants were looser but I did not realize I had lost 9 lbs! I am officially back under 200 again and hit my 1st goal. It’s been a couple of years I think since I had been under that threshold. I seemed to have been holding steady between 206 & 208 for a long while.
- I now actually like apples & almond butter.
- Still missing a few items but I’m resisting temptations pretty well… even when you shoot a toddler’s birthday portraits with Krsipy Kreme donuts instead of cake. They looked so delicious but I was good!
Week 4 Meals:
- leftover Whole30 Shepherd’s Pie (from their book) – used sweet mini peppers instead of carrots, added some Penzey’s Fox Point seasoning
- Grilled chicken breast with various veggies (had this several times)
- InstaPot Mole Pulled Pork (pork shoulder) with homemade chili sauce, sauteed mushrooms and sweet fried plantain slices
- Bacon-wrapped scallops with baked Brussels sprouts (also with bacon)
- Sous-vide beef filet with fried plantains
- Paleo Swedish Meatballs (ground beef & turkey) & Cauliflower Couscous (added some celery)
- Fajita Willies beef fajitas & gaucamole (skip the tortillas)
- Fuddruckers beef patty & hot dog with shredded lettuce (working lunch
- Luby’s Blackened Tilapia with green beans and zucchini/summer squash mix
- Skewers gyro meat with side salad and grilled veggies
- Logan’s Roadhouse Chopped Steak, grilled mushroom skewer & house salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- raspberries, grapes
- apples with almond butter
- mixed salted nuts (no peanuts of course)
- boiled eggs
- Larabar lemon bar
- Bare Apple Chips