I’m not quite there yet – but I’m so close to the 180’s!! So close!!! When I do that will be 18 lbs down. My next goal is 20 lbs down by Halloween which should be completely doable. After missing Pilates while I was traveling in Las Vegas and then missing my first class back because I was sick, I am back at it.
Nothing much new to report here but did want to share a few recipes I’ve enjoyed making recently…
- If you are from Texas or live in Texas, you might recognize the name Luby’s. It’s a regional cafeteria chain and if you know me in person, you know my very personal connection to it,. This is a paleo version of one of their more popular fish dishes so I had to try it,
- This was tastier than I had expected.
- I didn’t have sliced almonds so I had to pick out whole almonds from a nut mix I had. I will use almond slices next time. 🙂
- I used fish that I already had in the freezer which was tilapia. I know this is not the best fish so I have bought arctic cod for my next attempt.
- The lemon zest gave it great flavor.
- I topped it with sweet potatoes instead of potatoes. It was good but the amount of butter in the original recipe was too much for the sweet potatoes so I will use less next time.
- I also added chopped celery (2 stalks) since we had some. I thought it was a great addition.
- The recipe was not difficult but it took a lot of time – not counting the prep time, sauteing and browning time, it needs 40 minutes to simmer and another 20 minutes in the oven. This was tasty enough to make again but I think I’ll do it on the weekend instead of after work. Buying pre-chopped onions did help a little.
Hopefully next time I report in I’ll be at another milestone! Till then…